At Regal Pet Resort we understand that proper grooming is an important part of your pet’s well being. Proper grooming not only makes your best friend look better, but contributes to their physical and emotional well-being.
We accomplish this by providing a clean, safe, professional, and an extremely caring environment by dedicating ourselves to you and your best friend each and every visit.
Routine professional grooming not only gives your pet some extra love and attention but also provides you with the peace of mind of knowing that your loved one looks and feels good.
How grooming is beneficial to your best friends happiness and health:
- Grooming allows us to detect any problems such as: parasites, abnormal growths, ear infections, or feet/toe problems in the beginning stages before the problems become serious.
- Brushing removes dead skin, promotes the production of natural skin oils, while keeping coats clean of debris and minimizing skin disease.
- Shedding is reduced and excessive facial hair is removed to prevent eye irritation and infection.
- Cleaning of ears and removal of excess ear hair reduces risk of mites and infections.
- Nail trimming is a common health issue that is put off by many pet owners and causes extreme discomfort to your pet when the nails grow into the pad of the feet.
- Teeth brushing helps prevent plaque and gingivitis that can lead to serious health problems. We also recommend routine dental exams.
- Controls fleas and ticks.
Regal Pet Resort’s Grooming Process:
- Brushing: This is done before anything else to remove mats or debris. This also allows us to check for any skin or health problems, so the proper treatment can be prescribed before any other services are provided. Also at this time the ears will be cleaned, hair removed, and nails trimmed.
- Bathing: Our bathers and groomers gently place small pets into the bath. Larger dogs or dogs with mobility limitations are taken to our walk-in shower, which was designed specifically for them. Your pet will then receive two shampoo treatments. The first for rinsing of surface dirt, oil removal, and coat cleaning. The second shampoo is with appropriate shampoos and conditioners based upon your dogs color, breed, and skin condition. Also note that the anal glands are expressed at this time to prevent them from becoming impacted.
- Drying: Your pet is towel dried then hand dried with cool compressed air to force out water and any remaining dead hair from the coat. Next kennel drying is done in open kennels with cool air only. NEVER EVER is high heat drying used, your dogs health and well being is our number one concern!
- Grooming: This is breed specific or owners. description and request for the type of groom desired.
- Puppies: We recommend starting them around 8 weeks old. We have found that the earlier your puppy becomes accustomed to the grooming process, the happier and healthier they are.
- How often should you groom your pet?: We recommend for your short-haired pets a seasonal groom (4 times per year.) Pets with long hair or hair that requires frequent attention should be groomed every 4 to 6 weeks based upon the amount of time you as the owner have to dedicate to proper brush outs at home. These time periods will reduce shedding, matting, tangling, dust, debris, and prevent long comb-out sessions.
- FURminator shed-less treatment: The FURminator treatment has been proved to reduce shedding up to 90%. Your pet will receive a brush and bath, soak in the FURminator shampoo, rinse, and then soak in the FURminator shedless solution. Your pet then goes through our drying process and the FURminator tool is used to remove any remaining loose hair. Please note that your pet will shed more for 12 – 24 hours after the FURminator treatment and we recommend 2 treatments within 4 weeks.
- Nails filed upon request or if determined to be in the pet and owners. best interest.
- Skin & Coat Treatment: Medicated oatmeal for itching, whitening for white dogs, color enhancement for black dogs.
- Teeth brushing
- Flea treatment
- Bows, bandanas, and nails polished by request.
A feline groom includes all the services provided under the Regal Pet Resort’s Grooming Process. Our feline groomer will be happy to consult with you prior to your cats grooming session.
Prices vary depending upon breed, size, condition, and behavior. Prices given over the phone are base prices only and will be adjusted appropriately. Matted, excessively dirty, aggressive behavior, fleas or ticks, over-sized, or special needs pets will require additional charges.
Please note that severe matting can cause open sores or worse – Cut off the blood supply to extremities and require the attention of a vet. Severe de-matting comes with side effects to your pet ranging from redness and clipper burns to actual bruising and cuts. If we determine it is necessary to shave your pet due to severe matting, we will first attempt to contact you, the owner. If we are unable to contact the owner and it is determined it is best to shave your pet, we will use the longest length blade possible.
We ask that you please inform us if your pet exhibits any of the following behavioral issues: Anxiety including: diarrhea, vomiting, or issues with scissors, clippers, driers or baths, incontinence, biting, scratching, hyper activity. Any of these behaviors can adversely affect the quality of your groom and may require additional charges.
Pick-up and delivery service is available with a 48 hour advance notice and a $10 trip fee each way.
It is our goal to get all pets in and out as quickly as possible. In general, most pets will be in our facility 3 – 5 hours, but there are times that it may take longer to give your pet the professional groom and quality you are expecting. If you are under a time constraint or need your pet out by a specific time, please let us know when you schedule your appointment so we can accommodate you as best as possible. If you require a rush job, an appropriate rush fee will apply.